CEFPODOXIME PROXETIL I.P. 200MG CEFPODOXIME PROXETIL I.P. 200MG POTTA – The medicine belongs to the group of antibiotics. This medication is mainly used to treat bacterial infections. It only treats bacterial infections. Fortune Labs is the leading manufacturer of this medicine and makes this medicine under the name of FORDOXIME CV.
How to take the medicine?
The medicine is recommended to be taken after every 12 hours. Also, it is always recommended to consult a doctor for the same. If you are taking the tablet form of this medicine then it is recommended to take it with food to have better absorption of the medicine. On the other hand, if you take it in liquid form then take it with food or without. Pregnant or lactating women should never take the medicine without the recommendation of the doctor. This dosage depends on the medical health of the patient. For children, it is recommended on the basis of their body weight. For better results, take the medicine every day at the same time.
Possible side effects
The side effects vary from person to person. All the side effects completely a person’s medical health. In some, the side effects are not commonly seen whereas in others the side effects can be severe. Some of the common side effects that can be experienced are as follows:
- Diarrhea (loose or watery stool)
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- Skin rash
Do tell your doctor if you have any medical history related to kidney or liver problems, or are allergic to this medicine. Older people are more prone to side effects of this medicine. That is why do consult a doctor before taking the medicine as it might cause liver problems. During the pregnancy period, the reaction to the medicine can be very high and it can affect pregnancy that is why always consult a doctor to avoid any reaction.
- Antibiotics can alter the useful bacteria in the stomach, which helps indigestion. And that is why you are advised to take foods rich in probiotics such as yogurt/curd, kefir, sauerkraut, tempeh, kimchi, miso, kombucha, buttermilk, natto, and cheese.
- You should also eat fibre rich food like whole grains, beans, lentils, berries, broccoli, peas, and bananas.
- Also, avoid foods rich in calcium, grapefruit, and grapefruit juice as they might hinder the absorption of antibiotics.
- For better results avoid alcohol during the medication.