|COMPOSITION||Cefuroxime Axtil -500MG|
Cefuroxime Axtil -500MG – This medicine is used to treat bacterial infections. It cures a lot of bacterial infections. The medication is known as a cephalosporin antibiotic. The sole aim of medicine is to stop the growth of bacteria. Most importantly this antibiotic treats only bacterial infections. Fortune Labs manufactures the medicine by the name of CEFOTUNE-500. The medicine is available in different mgs. And is given to the patients according to the medical condition of the patient.
Uses of the medicine
The medicine is mainly used for bacterial infections and works as an anti bacterial medicine. It is considered to be the medicine that treats certain infections caused by bacteria, such as bronchitis is the infection of the airway tubes leading to the lungs; gonorrhea which is a sexually transmitted disease; Lyme disease which is an infection that may develop after a person is bitten by a tick; and infections of the skin, ears, sinuses, throat, tonsils, and urinary tract. The medicine falls under the category of antibiotics. The sole aim of the medicine is to completely eradicate the infection from its root.
How to use the medicine?
Cefuroxime is available as a tablet or as a suspension (liquid) which is to be taken by mouth. It is usually suggested to be taken every 12 hours for 5-10 days, depending on the condition that is to be treated. To treat health problems such as gonorrhea, the medicine is taken as a single dose, and to treat Lyme disease, it is taken every 12 hours for 20 days. You can take the suspension with food and the tablet may be taken with or without food. Also, take the medicine at the same time or at the prescribed time every day. In addition, do follow the directions on your prescription label carefully, and also ask your doctor or pharmacist to explain any part if you fail to understand it.
Precautions to be followed
Some of the precautions that should be followed are:
- If you are taking antacids that contain magnesium or aluminum, you should take them at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after the medicine.
- Also, you should tell your doctor if you have or have ever had the gastrointestinal disease, especially colitis (a condition that causes swelling in the lining of the colon [large intestine]), or kidney or liver disease.
- You should also know that cefuroxime decreases the effectiveness of some oral contraceptives (birth control pills). You will need to use another form of birth control while taking this medication. Tell your doctor to give you some other medicine to prevent pregnancy.
- Lastly, if you have phenylketonuria (PKU, an inherited condition in which a special diet must be followed to prevent damage to your brain that can cause severe intellectual disability), you should know that cefuroxime suspension is sweetened with aspartame that forms phenylalanine.
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
- Swelling of the face, throat, tongue, lips, or eyes
- Watery or bloody stools, stomach cramps, or fever during treatment or for up to two or more months after stopping treatment
- A return of fever, sore throat, chills, or other signs of infection